Photo credits: Nate Vomhof
Light the Hoan has announced its partnership with 11 local artists through the Shine a Light campaign, which will highlight one local nonprofit partner each month of 2021, beginning in February.
Each artist has been paired with a nonprofit partner to design a custom poster that illustrates the mission and values of the nonprofit. Posters will be available each month for purchase on the Light the Hoan website; funds raised each month will be shared with the nonprofit, the artist and Light the Hoan. Artists will be awarded a stipend of $250 and 10% of the profit from their design during the first year.
Light the Hoan is thrilled to partner with:
- Kelly Hammann, highlighting Imagine MKE
- Alisa Knox, highlighting We Got This
- Maggie Waldmyer, highlighting ACTS Housing
- Bailey Willis, highlighting United Community Center
- Francesca Simonite, highlighting Black Box Fund
- Chrishella Roche, highlight Urban Underground
- Hannah Tews, highlighting WI Humane Society
- Marlena Eanes, highlighting IC Stars
- Kimberly Burnett, highlighting 88 NINE
- Cutesy Macabre, highlighting Islands of Brilliance
- Mene Muhhamad, highlighting Boys and Girls Club
Artists were selected by Light the Hoan, Imagine MKE, and each participating nonprofit organization.
For an entire month, each featured organization’s mission will be highlighted on the Light the Hoan website, social media, and through media partnerships. Light the Hoan will donate a percentage of that month’s bulb donation proceeds back to the non-profit.